Pre – Emergency
- Ensure staff and students are aware of the emergency response procedures.
- Carry out safety practices (for example, clear egress paths, access to first attack equipment, for example, fire extinguishers and disposal of rubbish).
- Participate in emergency exercises/drills.
Persons selected to perform as Logistics Officer/Warden will carry out activities as set out in the emergency response procedures and as directed by the Operations Officer/Area Warden.
Activities may include the following:
- Attend the emergency control point.
- Operate the communication system in place.
- Check that any fire doors and smoke doors are properly closed.
- Close or open other doors in accordance with the emergency response procedures.
- Search the floor or area to ensure all people have evacuated. This function is of greater importance than a later physical count of those evacuated.
- Ensure orderly flow of people into protected area.
- Assist occupants with disabilities.
- Act as lead of groups moving to nominated assembly areas.
- Report status of required activities to the Operations Officer/Area Warden on their completion.
- Act as directed by the Chief Warden.
Post – Emergency
- Compile report of the actions taken during the emergency for the debrief.