If you don’t believe you can safely evacuate, or this may not be the best option, then you may need to consider sheltering in place (providing there is a suitable option available).
- Avoid congregating in open areas, such as corridors and foyers.
- Consider locking / barricading yourself and others in a room or secure areas.
- Secure your immediate environment and other vulnerable areas.
- Move away from the door, remain quiet and stay there until told otherwise by appropriate authorities, or you need to move for safety reasons.
- Silence / mute mobile phones and other devices that may identify your presence.
- Try to contact police (000) or others to advise of your location/situation.
- Choose a location which may enable access to a more secure area.
- Close blinds/curtains if available.